Friday 2 March 2018

SparkleNSprinkle - Pretty Blooms Tag Card

Hello friends!


I have 2 new cards to share with you today for SparkleNSprinkle!  This first one features a tag element! While it's not removable, I thought it was a cool element to add.  Here is my SparkleNSprinkle supply list:



So now that I told you what I used, now I will show you how to use it! :)

First I started by creating the "tag" itself. I had a few blank white large tags on my desk, so I grabbed one and started creating. I stamped the floral image from the Pretty Blooms set using Versamark and embossed with Black Detail Embossing Powder. Then I went about my watercoloring! I somehow took a ton of photos of these steps, so here is a picture tutorial on how I did it!!

              

I simply adore the Nuvo Aqua Flow Watercolor Pens for coloring. They are my "go-to". I use a clear acrylic block as my blending palette. Look at the amount of detail and colors you can create with just a few different colors!

I set that aside to dry and went about the rest of the card.  I embossed a piece of green cardstock with a quilting pattern. Using the Nuvo Embellishment Mousse in Lemon Sorbet and sponged it over the background. There was a white doily calling my name on my desk, so I decided to use the Nuvo Embellishment Mousse in Indian Gold to give it a beautiful gilding!

    

It still wasn't embellished enough for my liking, so I used the floral stamp again and stamped the doily randomly with Versamark Ink. Then I sprinkled on the Gold Detail Embossing Powder and heat set!  SO pretty!  I used the new Smooth Precision Glue Pen to adhere the doily to the background.

  

I inked up the sentiment stamp with Versamark Ink and stamped it onto a piece of white cardstock, then embossed with with black detail. The sentiment was matted onto a piece of green cardstock with 1/4" Tear-ific Tape. A border of Mocha Glitter was created using 1/2" Tear-ific Tape around the outside of the cardbase.  Up next, I wanted to play with the new Glitter Accents!  

  

    

All of the card elements were attached using 1/2" Tear-ific Tape! I added a bit of twine and ribbon to the tags.  I used Nuvo Glitter Accents in Aztec Gold to add some embellishments. Finally, I adhered some Shamrock Glitter to the leaves of the flowers using the Smooth Precision Pen.  

       

I really loved this card - it has to be one of my recent faves. The watercoloring just makes me happy!  Stay tuned! I have a second post coming up around noon!

See you soon!

Jess

1 comment:

  1. Dropping by with heartfelt love, and thanking you for sharing your pretty artwork. Please forgive my copy and paste today. But I want you to know that I’m thinking of you with fondness. Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete